Saturday, 6 October 2012

Shocking: Serving corps member leads robbery operation in Kwara

Best Blogger Tips
A member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) currently serving in Kwara State (names withheld) was nabbed alongside two members of his gang for alleged armed robbery by men of the Kwara State police command.
Sunday Tribune gathered that the corps member and his armed robbery gang had stormed a big shopping complex located on Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Ilorin, where assorted expensive phones and accessories were sold and held customers and the staff at gunpoint.
The robbery incident, which happened during the week, lasted about 30 minutes, as the armed
robbers forcefully collected money, phones and accessories from customers and the staff running into millions of naira, after which they escaped in a waiting Toyota salon car.
It was gathered that luck, however, ran out on them when the victims raised the alarm, pointing at the escaping suspects in their getaway car.
Passers-by and other angry sympathisers chased the suspects from various directions and they were subsequently nabbed in a traffic hold-up.
The suspects, knowing that the game was up, jumped out of the vehicle and took to their heels. They were caught and were taken to "A" division police station, in Ilorin.
It was at the police station that the suspects were handed over to members of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, who, during interrogation, discovered that the leader of the armed robbery gang is a youth corps member serving in the state.
Investigations revealed that the suspect was posted to serve in Ira town, a community near Igbaja in Irepodun Local Government Area of the state from where he and two others came to rob in Ilorin, the state capital.
In her reaction to the development, the Kwara State coordinator of NYSC, Ezinne Ngozi Ezekwe. said she had not been informed of the incident.
"I'm expecting the police commissioner to brief me on the incident officially before I can make any comment,” she said.
When contacted, the spokesman of Kwara State police command, Olufemi Fabode, confirmed the incident saying that investigation had commenced on it.
Fabode said the press would be fully briefed for the conclusion of the investigation. Source: Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment