Friday, 30 December 2011

Lagos Nigeria red alert: Boko Haram May Bomb Lagos state Nigeria January 1st 2012.

Best Blogger Tips
Recent reports indicates that the group that has been responsible for bombing, killing and destruction in different part of the Northern Nigeria might be extending their activities to Lagos state Nigeria soonest. Everyone is therefore advised to be vigilant and report any suspicious person or object noticed. This must actually be a difficult time for Nigerians after series of deadly attack in different part of the country.
As reported a security alert by the United Nations Department of Safety and Security has hinted that Boko Haram may bomb Lagos State on January 1, 2012. 
The hint from its Field Security Coordination Officer, Mr. Ramesh Singh, on Friday, urged Lagos residents to stay away from places of worship, night clubs, cinemas and other crowded places.
Though unconfirmed, Singh said that the bomb threat was described by British Broadcasting Corporation Hausa Service as the “mother of all bombings.”
He called on Lagos residents to take necessary steps to secure their environment.
In an electronic message, it said, “There is unconfirmed information which has emanated from the Hausa community and has apparently been on the BBC Hausa Service.
“The information is citing some threats from the Boko Haram to bomb Lagos on January 1, and it is being termed in their local languages as ‘the mother of all bombings’.”
The call to stay away from places of worship is, however, coming about 24 hours to the New Year’s Eve, when most Christians congregate to welcome a new year. 
Typically, the population of all places of worship usually grow by at least 100 per cent on such nights, as people who seldom visit churches do so as a tradition. 
Findings by our correspondent showed that a lot of people had already opted to enter the anticipated year with family members in their homes, rather than attending the traditional “cross-over services.”
It was found that some Pentecostal churches with large congregation still expected members to turn up for the service despite the bomb threat.
In a different development, the Household of God Church, led by Pastor Chris Okotie, on Friday reportedly announced the cancellation of its planned watch night service so as not to expose members to Boko Haram attack.
Also, the General Superintendent, the Deeper Christian Life Bible Church, Pastor W. F. Kumuyi, on Friday, reviewed the time for watch night service from the initial 9 pm kick-off time to 4 to 7 pm.
Some other churches said they would end the watch night service immediately after 12 midnight and expected members back for the New Year’s Day service on Sunday morning, while others said there would be no other service after the watch night service.
The National Secretary, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Pastor Wale Adefarasin, in a telephone interview, told our correspondent that he had asked Christians to be vigilant as they attended the watch night service and report any suspicious movement accordingly. 
Lined-up watch night services in the parishes of the Redeemed Christian Church remain intact.
The same applies to branches of the Church of God Mission, Daystar Christian Centre, Lagos, Kingsway International Christian Centre, House on the Rock and Winners Chapel, Ota, with members predominantly from Lagos.
Meanwhile, the Lagos State Police Command on Friday denied speculations that members of the Boko Haram sect were in the state.
The command’s spokesman, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, urged residents to disregard such speculations.-Punch Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment